The counseling process starts rolling when you first call or email me to inquire about my services. You describe what you’re looking for (individual counseling or couples counseling) and we’ll set up a free 15-minute phone consultation.
In the free 15-minute phone consultation, I’ll ask you to briefly describe your concerns and you’ll have the opportunity to ask me questions. Together, we’ll determine if I might be able to help you. If you need services of someone who has expertise in areas different from mine, I’ll refer you to a colleague with appropriate expertise. If we determine that you and I are a good fit, we’ll schedule your first counseling session.
During your first few sessions, I’ll ask questions to help me record your history. You’ll be able to describe in detail where you would like help. Together, we’ll determine the best goals for you in therapy. Think of therapy goals as your personal road map for change. You’ll be able to explore whatever troubles you in a warm, safe, judgment-free environment.
You can work with me in one of 3 ways:
- Individual Counseling helps you tackle personal struggles in healthy ways, and it helps you troubleshoot relationship problems when your partner won’t or can’t attend counseling.
- Couples Counseling gives stressed out couples healthy tools to approach relationship problems as a team – even if you currently feel like you’re on opposing sides.
- Christian Counseling recognizes that you are a unique child of God with very human struggles. Your faith stays as front and center as you desire in either individual or couples counseling.
- Initial Intake Session: $80-$120 (60-90 mins)
- Subsequent Sessions: $80 (60 minutes)
- Group and workshop fees vary.
All fees are due at time of service, and are made payable to my clinical supervisor, Katherine Rosemond, LPC (VA License #0701003486). Cash, check, credit card, and PayPal payments are accepted.
Although insurance does not cover my services, some clients offset their out-of-pocket counseling fees by using a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or a Health Savings Account (HSA). If you really want to work with me, but can’t afford the stated fee, please contact me about reduced-fee time slots.